Hello OLR families,
Despite the snow this week, we are more than halfway to May, which means warmer temps and hopefully the start of the transition away from quarantine are right around the corner! A huge thank you to all families who filled out the teacher surveys regarding how we can help you more at home. The overwhelming support and gratitude you shared makes our difficult jobs worth it, and please know that we are taking all your comments, suggestions and kind words to heart as we tirelessly work to improve our distance learning.
Another huge thank you to our wonderful National Junior Honor Society students who willingly took time to record themselves saying our morning and afternoon prayers so any families who want to start and end the school day much like we normally do are able to view them on line. Watch your child’s Google Classroom for those videos and use them to practice our daily routines.
Keeping with thanks, I appreciate everyone who sent in pictures of our first Virtual Spirit Day, it was so nice to see all the students supporting our “home school”! Look for our first of many video montages coming soon. To continue this celebration of students, Mrs. McElyea has created the following “Spirit Day Calendar”.
- 4/23 is “Thankful Thursday” – send a picture of what you are thankful for
- 4/30 is “No Tech Thursday” – show us what your favorite book or board game is
- 5/5 is “Cinco de Mayo” for grades K-8 – send a picture celebrating Cinco de Mayo for Senora Sheehan (PK can send a picture of them as their favorite Superhero)
- 5/14 is “May Crowning/Mother’s Day” – send a picture of you praying the Rosary or doing an act of service for your mother (folding laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc…)
- 5/21 is “Creativity Day” – send a picture of you doing something creative like drawing, building, etc…
- 5/28 is “Summer Break Day” – send a picture of you in your flip flops and summer attire
Please send these specific pictures on the identified day so we can enjoy seeing one another in a fun way!
And finally, just a reminder, there will be no classes this Friday. The staff will be attending a virtual Professional Development provided by the AoD. Have a great week and hopefully the temperatures will continue to rise with each passing day!