Hello OLR families,
As you may have seen, the Archdiocese of Detroit has commented on the topic of COVID-19 (click here to view the WXYZ broadcast) and Our Lady of Refuge is promoting the practice of good hygiene which includes:
- washing hands regularly, particularly after using the bathroom and before eating
- using hand sanitizer after touching other people/items
- not sharing drink or food with others
- staying home if symptomatic (coughing, fever, runny nose)
- wiping down items commonly used by other students
Per the above strategies, if you are able and willing to donate hand sanitizer or wipes for your child’s classroom, please contact the teacher to let them know you can send items in for the students. Please DO NOT just send items in without checking first, because we do not have storage for excess amounts. For other information on this topic, use this link to get the latest details from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
Remember, COVID-19 is simply a more aggressive virus, so following good safety protocol will go a long way toward keeping this and any other virus from spreading!