Save the Date!
We have scheduled an Open House on Sunday, January 31, 2021, from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.
Registration will begin for the fall of 2021.
COVID-19 OUTBREAK DASHBOARD
To protect the health of our School Community and per the Emergency Order issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services on October 6, 2020, Our Lady of Refuge Catholic School will provide Public Notice to our School Community regarding School Associated Cases of COVID-19. Within 24 hours of being notified of a School Associated Case by Oakland County Health Department, this dashboard will be updated to include new and cumulative COVID-19 case counts. Individuals identified as Close Contacts of School Associated Cases will be notified separately and directly by Oakland County Health Department.
Updated: 10/20/2020 @ 10:00 AM
STATUS OF INSTRUCTION AND SCHOOL-SPONSORED FUNCTIONS
• Instruction: School will quarantine for 3 days. Students not within close contact will be allowed to return on a tiered basis as communicated to OLR families.
• School-Sponsored Functions: All OLR student athletes on the football team will quarantine for 14 days.
SCHOOL ASSOCIATED COVID-19 CASES
On October 13, 2020, Our Lady of Refuge School made Oakland County Health Department aware of the following case counts of School Associated Cases of COVID-19 amongst the OLR School Community. This data may include probable and confirmed cases as reported by Oakland County Health Department among students, staff, administration, coaches, or visitors, if the person with COVID-19 was in the building or participating in a school-sponsored function during their infectious period.
|New Cases (Since Last Update)||2|
|Cumulative Cases (Since Reporting Began)||2|
|Populations Affected||Staff & Students|
Our school will continue to take every precaution necessary. This may include spraying classrooms, hallways, locker rooms, and common areas, as needed, with a sanitizer, along with other methods of disinfection.
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE
We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
• Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) while in public places or if people who do not live with you must visit your home.
• Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart).
• Practice frequent handwashing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol).
• Follow capacity restrictions of social gatherings.
• Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands.
• Stay home if you are sick; you can also get tested. There are 2 Urgent Cares that send their tests to a lab owned by one of our school families. If you go to one of these Urgent Cares and let them know you are from OLR, the lab will push through your results more quickly.
- Emcura Urgent Care Bloomfield, 4050 W. Maple Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301 (248) 885-8211
- Emcura Urgent Care Northville, 20490 Haggerty Road, Northville, MI 48167 (734) 956-6336.
• Answer the phone if the health department contacts you, as a contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information.
This information does not mean you should quarantine or isolate. Those members of the School Community who were or are suspected to have been in Close Contact with a School Associated Case will be notified by Our Lady of Refuge and/or Oakland County Health Department.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we believe we can maintain a safe environment while also providing quality education.
If you have any questions, contact Oakland County Health Department at 1-800-348-5533. For answers to your COVID-19 questions, please call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visit Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.
Middle School Technology!October 24, 2020
Here our some pictures of students programming our new Edison Robots in Edware, Coding with Ozobots and designing 3D objects in Tinkercad for 3D printing.
Introduction to Our Lady of Refuge Parish School
OLR offers a Catholic Christ-centered education comprised of a strong, fully accredited core curriculum complemented by classes in Religion, Music, Art, Spanish, Computer Skills, and Physical Education, a wide range of sports and school activities as well as before and after school care programs that are available to meet the needs of working parents.
OLR has seen some major improvements in the past few years including a renovated Media Center equipped with an iPad lab, a new Performing Arts Center and the implementation of “Everyday Math” and “Literacy by Design” into our math and reading curriculums. OLR offers Catholic Christ centered education for students Pre-K (3, 4, 5 year olds) through 8th grade. We offer a strong, fully accredited core curriculum complimented by Religion, Music, Art, Spanish, Computers, Band and Physical Education classes. We are one of the few Elementary Schools that offer drama for students during the school day, but are suspending that elective for the current school year due to COVID restrictions regarding indoor gatherings. We also provide a wide range of after school activities and athletic programs including football and lacrosse.
Contact our principal, Denny Rapal, at 248-682-3422 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to schedule a visit.
Click here for more information.