Welcome to Ms. Karlowicz’s Class
– Appreciate the simple things. Notice everyday miracles. –
I teach 6th, 7th and 8th grade Social Studies (my true love) as well as 8th grade Religion and I have an 8th grade homeroom. I have taught 8th grade for 21 years! it’s so nice to have the ‘big kids’ . This year eighth grade students are the ‘seniors’ of the school and will hopefully encompass others with the importance of ‘Faith, Family and Friends – our school theme –
The students are part of the ‘middle school’ and will move between different classrooms and enjoy five different classroom teachers. They also have the opportunity to select and add their own electives in the academic mix.
Mrs. Embree, room 118 – 6,7,8 Math and 7 Religion
Mrs. Babcock, room 117 – 6,7,8 Science and 8 Religion
Mrs. Reed, room 116 – 6,7,8 English and 6 Religion
Mrs. Mulvany, room 115 – 6,7,8 Reading and 7 Religion
Ms. Karlowicz, room 112 – 6,7,8 Social Studies and 8 Religion
– Sixth grade Social Studies will focus on Geography and the Western Hemisphere.
– Seventh grade Social Studies will review geography and focus on the Eastern Hemisphere
– Eighth grade Social Studies will study American History (The Civil War to the present)
– Eighth grade Religion is The Story of the Church and Confirmation.
Learning is hard work, but together as a group, we will reach our goals. To make smart choices, try our very hardest, follow given directions, strive for the best, and to show respect to everyone, we will achieve what we have set out to do. By accomplishing our goals we will demonstrate we are truly working to be successful.