Welcome to Ms. Bickes’ Kindergarten Classroom
Hi there! My name is Mackenzie Bickes and I teach Kindergarten here at Our Lady of Refuge. I have six people in my family: Mom, Dad, Brother – Nick, his wife – Kelly, my nephew Anthony, niece – Teaguen and a dog named Bailey. I enjoy reading books, playing volleyball, watching movies, jet skiing, going for boat rides, snowboarding, and spending time with friends and family.
This is my fourth year teaching at this amazing school. I was so blessed to be hired for this position right out of college. I attended and graduated from Holy Family University in Philadelphia, PA where I earned an academic and volleyball scholarship.
I truly love teaching Kindergarten and look forwarding to seeing and working with your child everyday! 🙂
My Teaching Philosophy
- I believe that each student is unique and learns in a different way
- I believe in play and learning disguised as play
- I believe that a child’s family is their first teacher
- I think it is my job as a teacher to work with families to help each student reach their full potential
- I think that learning is a lifelong process and I consider myself a student in my own classroom
- I set high expectations for my students and lovingly guide them to meet my goals
Our school theme this year is: